Before the popularity of green coffee, most people would just think that coffee is coffee, no matter the color. But did you know that there are a lot of differences between Green Coffee and Black Coffee?
GREEN COFFEE BENEFITS
- Green coffee beans are unroasted.
- They are very high in antioxidants.
- The antioxidants in green coffee slow down aging and also help your body fight free radicals.
- The active ingredient in green coffee beans, chlorogenic acid (CGA) increases the metabolism and improves health. Chlorogenic acid is destroyed once the coffee bean has been roasted.
- Green coffee aids in weight loss when coupled with a diet rich in whole, natural foods or the Vital+ Diet Drops.
- Green coffee contains less caffeine than it’s black coffee counterpart.
- Studies have shown that green coffee can lower cholesterol in the liver and improve glucose tolerance.
BLACK COFFEE BENEFITS
- Very low in calories for a beverage other than water. Black coffee contains only 2 calories for an 8oz serving. To achieve the optimum results of black coffee, it’s best to drink it black. Once you add in creamer and sugars, you can inhibit all of the benefits of black coffee.
- Black coffee has been linked to cancer prevention. Harvard Medical School reports a link between coffee drinkers and their lower risk of liver, colon, breast, and rectal cancer.
- Contains antioxidants (although it’s not as high in antioxidants as green coffee).
- High in caffeine.
- Improves concentration and focus.
- Can cause irritability, upset stomach, and increased heart rate.
- Black coffee drinkers may have a lower risk of diabetes per Harvard Medical School.
Green coffee is a great way to lose weight the natural way. When it’s taken along with a health diet or the Vital + Diet Drops, weight loss can be substantial. It’s always best to consult your physician before introducing any new diet supplements into your diet.